The finest cave attraction in the Adirondacks
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD
A NEW YORK ADIRONDACK
LARGEST CAVE ENTRANCE IN EAST
Guided ADVENTURE TOUR (Additonal tour offered July/Aug)
FAMILY OWNED OVER 200 YEARS
OPEN FRI/SAT/SUN 10-4
Arrive by 2pm
Trail Report Sat Jan 14th. All Trails open. All trails are hardpack with ice spots. Some of the southern facing higher trails are a bit thin in spots. Trail pics from Friday go HERE.
Note: No guided Sat Night tour on Jan 21st.
STONE BRIDGE CAVEMAN 6K SNOWSHOE RACE - Feb 11th - Sign Up NOW!
CLOSED on CHRISTMAS DAY
ICE CREAM STAND
Closed for the season
WINTER SNOWSHOE TRAILS
Open on FRI/SAT/SUN only as part of the SNOWSHOE Day Pass
Please note: our two chester challenge trails are part of the Stone Bridge Park and require admission fee for access.
GEOLOGY & NATURE
SELF-GUIDED EXPLORATION TOURS
- NO RESERVATONS REQUIRED. Arrive 90 min before closing (see hours).
- The LARGEST marble cave entrance in the east, a massive stone bridge, dominates this spectacular display of ancient Adirondack geology of rock > one billion years old.
- With walking stick, map, camera - explore the self-guided, above-ground, natural stone step nature trail featuring potholes, grottos, gorge and mill site waterfalls.
- Descend into lighted surface caves with raging waterfalls or tranquil dark pools.
- Adirondack Memories Display and PBS Video describe the history and geology of the caves. Learn More.
GUIDED ADVENTURE TOURS
- 3-4 hour spelunking cave crawl guided adventure tour including a cave "float". Learn More.
- ADVENTURE TOUR VIDEO
- Constantly evolving, see RATES for current pricing.
- Available JULY & AUGUST ONLY, 4 days/week: on WED, FRI, SAT & SUN, 12:30pm - 4:30pm.
- Calendar for availability
- Minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 participants. Groups combined to meet minimum.
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
STONE BRIDGE GEOLOGY
- Relax in large family swings or enjoy homemade fudge in wooded picnic areas.
- Extensive Rock Shop offers fine crystals, gems, fossils, book-ends and Geodes that can be cut or popped to reveal an unique beautiful design.
- Uncover museum grade bones in Dino-Dig
- Play18 hole Caveman Disc Golf Course with vista views of Trout Brook.
- Find gems, fossils or arrowheads by Gemstone Mining
- With hardhat & light, search for treasures in the Gold Rush Mine & Crystal Quest Mine.
- Test your climbing skills on the Caveman Challenge Bouldering Wall .
- Fish feeding, jewelry making or decorating walking sticks are additional fun activities for the kids.
- Featuring unique and unusual items, including local artisans.
- Check out our gift shop !
GROUPS & EVENTS
- Covered Pavilions, Grills, Playground Areas, Trout Pond and Bus Parking make Stone Bridge Park a great choice for creating a special memory.
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Snack bar food
- Over 40 flavors of Soft Ice-Cream at the Stone Bridge Ice Cream Stand, located just 2.5 miles away on Rt 9.
- Great for Scouts, School Field Trips, & other organizations.
CABIN RENTAL UNITS
- Rental Cabins available from late May - mid Oct only.
WI-FI HOT SPOT
- Througout the park, FREE access for visitors and guests.
CLOSEBY ACTIVITIES - EXPLORE - FRIENDS PAGE .