The finest cave attraction in the Adirondacks
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD
A NEW YORK ADIRONDACK
LARGEST MARBLE CAVE ENTRANCE IN THE EAST
Take a VIRTUAL TOUR!
National Geographic Geotourism Partner
Guided ADVENTURE TOUR (Additonal tour offered July/Aug)
SEASON PASSES AVAILABLE
FAMILY OWNED FOR OVER 200 YEARS
Closed for the season
Will reopen when there is snowcover
Summer Tour (May-Oct), Closes on Oct 11th 2016
Wear good walking shoes to hike the 3/4 mile, mostly above ground trail with optional descents into surface caves.
ICE CREAM STAND
Closed for the season
The Ice Cream Stand has had a total makeover.
RECOMMEND US!200+ reviews of Natural Stone Bridge and Caves
WINTER SNOWSHOE TRAILS
Fall Foliage! Oct 6th 2016
Member of the Chester Challenge.
Please note: our two chester challenge trails are part of the Stone Bridge Park and require admission fee for acess.
GEOLOGY & NATURE
SELF-GUIDED EXPLORATION TOURS
- NO RESERVATONS REQUIRED. Arrive 90 min before closing (see hours).
- The massive stone bridge arch - the LARGEST marble cave entrance in the east - dominates this spectacular display of ancient Adirondack geology from rock over one billion years old.
- Take a walking stick, map, and camera and set out on a self-guided, above-ground, natural stone step nature trail and experience up-close the many unique rock features, such as potholes, grottos, a gorge and mill site waterfalls.
- Descend into lighted surface caves with raging waterfalls or tranquil dark pools.
- To learn more, see the Adirondack memories display or view a free PBS video describing the history and geology of the caves. Learn More.
GUIDED ADVENTURE TOURS
- Want to experience a real cave crawl tour? Try this 3-4 hour spelunking adventure complete with a cave "float". Learn More.
- Watch Video of ADVENTURE TOUR, click icon above.
- The tour has evolved to offer even more, go to our RATES page for current pricing information).
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED for the ADVENTURE TOUR.
- For available tour times, check out the calendar link located at the top of this page
- Offered during JULY & AUGUST.
- Offered 4 days/week: on WED, FRI, SAT & SUN, 12:30pm - 4:30pm.
- A minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 participants are required for the tour. Groups are combined to meet the minimum.
FOOD, FOSSILS, FINE CRYSTALS & FUN
- After exploring the caves, relax in one of our large family swings or enjoy homemade fudge in our wooded picnic areas.
- Uncover museum grade bones in the free Dino-Dig or discover an extensive Rock Shop that offers many fine crystals, gems, fossils and book-ends and 8 diamond saws to cut Mexican Geodes for you - each with a beautiful design.
- Play the 18 hole Introduction to Disc Golf Course with new vista views of Trout Brook.
- Enjoy finding gems, fossils or arrowheads by Gemstone Mining or put on a hardhat & light and keep the treasures you find in the Gold Rush Mine or Crystal Quest Mine.
- Try your climbing skills on the Caveman Challenge Bouldering Wall .
- Fish feeding, jewelry making or decorating walking sticks are additional fun activities for the kids.
- Interested in bringing back a special gift beyond what you find in the usual tourist shops?
- Check out our shop !
GROUPS & EVENTS
- Covered Pavilions, Grills, Playground Areas, Trout Pond and Bus Parking make Stone Bridge Park a great choice for creating a special memory.
- Wedding Ceremonies now available.
- Snack bar food is available on site and box lunches can be pre-ordered.
- More than 40 flavors of Soft Ice-Cream are available at the Stone Bridge Ice Cream Stand, located just 2.5 miles away on Rt 9.
- Great for Scouts, School Field Trips, and other Organizations.
CABIN RENTAL UNITS
- Inquire about special pricing or availability of rental cabins.
- Rentals available from late May - mid Oct only.
WI-FI HOT SPOT
- Stay connected during your stay. Througout the park, our wireless Internet solutions provide FREE access for visitors and guests.
MAP OF THE PARK
- Click on MAP of the Natural Stone Bridge and Caves Park to view a layout of the trails and park activities.