The finest cave attraction in the Adirondacks
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD
A NEW YORK ADIRONDACK
LARGEST MARBLE CAVE ENTRANCE IN THE EAST
Take a VIRTUAL TOUR!
National Geographic Geotourism Partner
Guided ADVENTURE TOUR (Additonal tour offered July/Aug)
SEASON PASSES AVAILABLE
FAMILY OWNED FOR OVER 200 YEARS
Caves open on Friday May 20th!
Summer Tour (May-Oct) takes about 1 h.
Wear good walking shoes to hike the 3/4 mile, mostly above ground trail with optional descents into surface caves.
ICE CREAM STAND
Ice Cream Stand HOURS
The Ice Cream Stand is currently being remodeled to increase service with an additional serving window and additional outside seating.
Re-opens early June 2016.
RECOMMEND US!200+ reviews of Natural Stone Bridge and Caves
WINTER SNOWSHOE TRAILS
Member of the Chester Challenge (currently CLOSED) Nice writeup by the Times Union.
GEOLOGY & NATURE
SELF-GUIDED EXPLORATION TOURS
- NO RESERVATONS REQUIRED. Just arrive 90 min before closing (see hours).
- The massive stone bridge arch - the LARGEST marble cave entrance in the east - dominates this spectacular display of ancient Adirondack geology from rock over one billion years old.
- Take a walking stick, map, and camera and set out on a self-guided, above-ground, natural stone step nature trail and experience up-close the many unique rock features, such as potholes, grottos, a gorge and mill site waterfalls.
- Descend into lighted surface caves with raging waterfalls or tranquil dark pools.
- To learn more, see the Adirondack memories display or view a free PBS video describing the history and geology of the caves. Learn More.
GUIDED ADVENTURE TOURS
- Want to experience a real cave crawl tour? Try this 3-4 hour spelunking adventure complete with a cave "float". Learn More.
- Watch Video of ADVENTURE TOUR, click icon above.
- The tour has evolved to offer even more, go to our RATES page for current pricing information).
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED for the ADVENTURE TOUR.
- For available tour times, check out the calendar link located at the top of this page
- Offered during JULY & AUGUST.
- Offered 4 days/week: on WED, FRI, SAT & SUN, 12:30pm - 4:30pm.
- A minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 participants are required for the tour. Groups are combined to meet the minimum.
FOOD, FOSSILS, FINE CRYSTALS & FUN
- After exploring the caves, relax in one of our large family swings or enjoy homemade fudge in our wooded picnic areas.
- Uncover museum grade bones in the free Dino-Dig or discover an extensive Rock Shop that offers many fine crystals, gems, fossils and book-ends and 8 diamond saws to cut Mexican Geodes for you - each with a beautiful design.
- Play the 18 hole Introduction to Disc Golf Course with new vista views of Trout Brook.
- Enjoy finding gems, fossils or arrowheads by Gemstone Mining or put on a hardhat & light and keep the treasures you find in the Gold Rush Mine or Crystal Quest Mine.
- Try your climbing skills on the Caveman Challenge Bouldering Wall .
- Fish feeding, jewelry making or decorating walking sticks are additional fun activities for the kids.
- Interested in bringing back a special gift beyond what you find in the usual tourist shops?
- Check out our shop !
GROUPS & EVENTS
- Covered Pavilions, Grills, Playground Areas, Trout Pond and Bus Parking make Stone Bridge Park a great choice for creating a special memory.
- Wedding Ceremonies now available.
- Snack bar food is available on site and box lunches can be pre-ordered.
- More than 40 flavors of Soft Ice-Cream are available at the Stone Bridge Ice Cream Stand, located just 2.5 miles away on Rt 9.
- Great for Scouts, School Field Trips, and other Organizations.
CABIN RENTAL UNITS
- Inquire about special pricing or availability of rental cabins.
- Rentals available from late May - mid Oct only.
WI-FI HOT SPOT
- Stay connected during your stay. Througout the park, our wireless Internet solutions provide FREE access for visitors and guests.
MAP OF THE PARK
- Click on MAP of the Natural Stone Bridge and Caves Park to view a layout of the trails and park activities.